Bachelor’s degree in Architecture and 60 months experience in architectural computational design that involve institutional projects; or in lieu of primary requirements, employer will accept a Master’s degree in Architecture and 36 months experience in architectural computational design that involve institutional projects.
Must also have demonstrated knowledge of the following: Interoperability workflow from Grasshopper, Dynamo and their plugins to Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Revit, Rhinoceros modeling and scripting involving Python and RhinoScript, Grasshopper, Dynamo, and Diva. Employer will accept special requirements gained from either academic coursework and/or employment experience.
The Computational Designer oversees computational design process from technology workflow to architectural designs, drawing, and documentation using computer-aided design tools, for institutional buildings and structures based on direction from Principal or Project Architect. The specific duties of the Computational Designer include the following:
- Manage the implementation of computational design and architectural options for architectural and interior projects using multiple computational design platforms.
- Manage the presentation of three-dimensional (3D) visualization for architectural and interior projects, using the following software to create and develop design drawings, renderings, models and produce graphics: a.) Rhinoceros, b.) Grasshopper – Manipulation of data tree or data structure; Using Hoopsnake plugin (Feedback loop); Using Galapagos plugin (Evolutionary solver), and Custom node using VB/ C# or other components, c.) Autodesk Revit, d.) Dynamo, and e.) Diva
- Model, render, and montage rendered images into project site photos with people and context by using Autodesk Revit: a.) Creating families in Revit, including face-based/ line-based and Adaptive components; b.) Creating family/ Shared Parameter, reporting parameter, scheduling, and conditional formula; and c.) Revit project setup and maintenance;
- Plan or design structures, including healthcare facilities, research laboratories and other higher education buildings;
- Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary;
- Coordinate exterior facades, structural, electrical and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation to graphically represent;
- Research and collect information regarding systems, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, or construction methodologies or time;
- Integrate engineering elements into unified architectural designs and layout and plan interior room arrangements for institutional buildings using technical drafting (Revit) equipment and software.
CO Architects 5055 Wilshire Blvd., 9th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90036. To apply, interested parties contact – Attn: Erin Zukowski, Office Manager email@example.com.