CO Architects is currently seeking a Director of Digital Design + Technology to join our interdisciplinary, collaborative practice. This position offers the opportunity to engage in a challenging leadership role within an award-winning practice focused on design and technical excellence, using an evolving digital platform to enhance work and enable the exploration of novel design solutions.
As the leader of digital design and technology, you will be responsible for working with principals, key leaders, and project teams to ensure the continuing growth and success of the firm, including active participation in practice strategy, design evolution, and the development of information, systems, and resources across our digital platform. You will use your social/communication skills, relationship building and technical expertise with confidence to drive process innovation, optimization and digital platform implementation in partnership with our leadership and design technology community. Additional responsibilities include:
- Work with principals and key leaders to develop and implement strategic technology and innovation plans in support of firm-wide objectives, project efficiency and design innovation.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert on agile digital project delivery, working with project teams.
- Research and evaluate current and emerging digital technologies.
- Coordinate information and knowledge-sharing strategies championed by firm leaders, including implementation on digital platforms and publishing to social media, coordinating with the firm’s marketing program.
- Lead a team of design technology specialists, including a BIM Manager, computational designers and digital experience designers (VR/AR). Specific operational responsibilities will include management, coaching, training programs and digital playbooks, including standards and guidelines, to support the firm-wide vision.
- Recognize, develop and nurture expertise within the design technology team.
- Manage the firm’s digital design app development from design and discovery through implementation and support, to achieve identified design and business outcomes.
- Coordinate with IT to manage technology operations including the firm’s annual technology budget planning and software license management.
CO Architects seeks talented COworkers who can bring new energy and inspiration to the firm. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, with a background in building design and engineering, as well as experience leading diverse project teams. In addition, candidates should have demonstrated success in developing and leading digital design and technology programs within the AEC environment, as well as the below criteria.
- 8 to 15 years of digital design experience, working in an architectural firm or architectural technology consulting firm. Fabrication experience is preferred.
- Broad proficiency in design and computational computer software: Revit, Grasshopper, Rhino, CATIA.
- Representation of firm through speaking engagements, hackathons, and industry events.
- Familiarity with app development, scripting and workflow automation to meet specific design and business goals.
- Experience with the design and delivery process for large, complex architectural projects.
- Proven track record of leadership ability, organization and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in architectural design or engineering (or equivalent); master’s degree preferred.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required.
- Current eligibility to work in the USA. Applicants who are not U. S. citizens must describe their status to work in the USA, including details regarding visa type and duration.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
CO Architects is an equal opportunity employer and offers a full range of competitive benefits to employees including: healthcare coverage; a 401K plan and profit sharing; Paid Time Off (PTO); a medical flexible spending account; and participation in the firm’s performance-based bonus program. CO Architects also offers a firm-sponsored education program to encourage professional training and development.
All resumes and portfolios should be sent to: email@example.com
Please include the job title in your email subject, as well as where you saw the position posted:
e.g. Director of Digital Design + Technology / CO website