CO Architects is an award winning architecture and design firm with an extensive portfolio of medium to large institutional projects, specializing in higher education with a focus on Science and Technology, medical and allied health programs, civic buildings, and a variety of healthcare projects at various scales. In addition to architecture and interior design, CO Architects provides facility evaluation, and comprehensive space programming and planning. Our practice is founded on a culture of collaboration, integrity and mutual respect; we are committed to continuous learning in support of professional and personal growth. We continue to seek team-oriented, skilled individuals to join our firm.
CO Architects is an equal opportunity employer and offers a full range of benefits to employees including: healthcare coverage; a 401K plan and profit sharing; PTO and holiday time; a medical flexible spending account; and participation in the firm’s performance-based bonus program. CO Architects also offers a firm-sponsored education program to encourage professional training and development.
CO Architects is currently seeking a full-time Intermediate Interior Designer with a portfolio of institutional, higher education, workplace, healthcare or a combination of these building/space types.
- Participate as a team member on multiple medium to large scale projects with varied timelines.
- Participate in the coordination of architectural interior concepts with overall building massing/siting/design.
- Take lead in architectural interior detailing of casework, reflected ceiling plans, cabinetry, interior elevations, flooring, etc.
- Coordinate finish plans, specifications, and architectural material selections from conceptual design through construction administration.
- Spearhead and oversee the selection, planning and specification of contract furniture systems.
- Work collaboratively with design team members, consultants, product representatives and contractors to achieve overall project objectives.
- Participate in professional development, leadership, and activities within the office and design community.
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience in institutional, higher education, workplace, healthcare or a combination of those building types.
- Applicant to be well versed in color theory, graphic design/graphic composition, interior finish materials, and contract furniture.
- Strong knowledge of design process including FF&E selection, specification, and procurement.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit preferred.
- Strong leadership ability and organization skills.
- Strong visual and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Will be required to integrate work efforts with multiple inter-office project teams.
- Knowledge of building codes, ADA standards, as well as LEED requirements/qualifications.
- Certified Interior Designer, or CA Registered Architect preferred.
- LEED-AP or ID+C certification preferred.
Commensurate with experience
All resumes should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the job title in your email subject, as well as where you saw the position posted:
e.g. Intermediate Interior Designer / CO Website