Office Coordinator / Project Administrator
To apply contact – CO Careers at COCareers@COArchitects.com.
Please include the job title in your email subject, as well as where you saw the position posted:
e.g. Office Coordinator/ CO website
Office Coordinator / Project Administrator – (Hybrid)
San Diego, California
Expected Salary: $25.00 – $30.00 (hourly)
CO is a prefix meaning: together with; jointly; equally. CO Architects is a practice dedicated to designing buildings that enrich people’s lives. Places of lasting significance that appeal as fully to the spirit as to the intellect. Our practice is founded on a culture of integrity and mutual respect and committed to continuous learning in support of professional and personal growth. We are a nationally recognized specialist in architectural programming, planning and design for the science & technology, higher education, healthcare, K-12 and civic sectors.
We are a practice in perpetuity and design thinking in everything we do. We are people powered and people centered, and are interested in the talent and drive a person can bring to a project rather than a “Job Title.” Are you ready to join us?
The ideal candidate is skilled in multi-tasking and has excellent communication skills. The candidate will be one of the first faces employees or guests will see when entering the office. The position works alongside the Office Manager and other office support roles.
You’ll flourish in this position if you are:
- An effective communicator: whether it’s verbal or written, you will present information in a clear, professional manner. You understand your audience and can easily shift priorities at a moment’s notice.
- Service oriented: you’re a people person who effortlessly provides exceptional support whether it be over the phone or in person.
- Discretion and Judgement: you have the ability to use a high level of tact, diplomacy, discretion and empathy/understanding in a business environment with a diverse employment base.
- A team player: you are a capable self-manager and thrive when you’re a part of a team; you enjoy taking initiative on new projects or tasks.
- A self-starter: you jump right into necessary tasks and are always looking for ways that you can help further. Proactivity is a must.
Here’s more of what you will get a chance to do:
- You are the first person that staff, clients, and visitors meet, and it is essential that you’re upbeat and available for questions or office support.
- Take ownership in ensuring meeting rooms are set up and keeping the office in tip-top shape.
- Assist project teams with scheduling meetings, ordering lunches refreshments for meetings, and office supplies
- Ownership of filing and maintaining accurate project logs and documentation
- Support projects while in construction phases including processing RFIs, submittals, bulletins and change orders
What we require:
- 2+ years of office support experience (preferably in an architectural, engineering, or construction organization)
- Phenomenal customer service and professionalism
- Strong time-management abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to use a high level of tact, diplomacy, discretion and empathy/understanding in a business environment with a diverse employee base
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive, constantly anticipating office needs
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
Benefits: CO Architects offers a full range of competitive benefits including choice of health and dental plans, vision, 401K, PTO, flex spending, and participation in the firm’s performance-based bonus program.CO also offers a firm-sponsored education program to encourage professional training and development.
We celebrate diversity, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, and we give space for everyone to add to our collective culture. As such, all applicants for employment are recruited, hired, and assigned based on merit without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.