The renovation and seismic upgrade of the iconic Pritzker Hall Psychology Tower at the University of California, Los Angeles, originally designed by Paul Revere Williams, addresses the growing requirements of one of the university’s largest undergraduate programs.
The renovation provides a new departmental face to the university, as well as much-needed collaboration space, classrooms and modernized dry lab research space. A new, expanded entry lobby provides student amenity and study space within a double-height volume. It is LEED Platinum certified.
“UCLA Psychology students and faculty alike are humbled by the thoughtfully designed Pritzker Hall renovation project. From the collaborative spaces throughout to the new age research labs, the innovative furniture and overall execution of design gives our program renewed confidence as one of the top psychology departments in the United States.”Victoria Sork, Dean of Life Sciences
Pritzker Hall Psychology Tower Modernization
University of California, Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
- AIA|LA, 2022 Design Excellence Citation Award
- US Green Build Council, 2022 USGBC-LA MGBCE Design Award
- Westside Urban Forum, 2021 Merit Award
- Los Angeles Business Council, 2021 Los Angeles Architectural Award
- National Organization of Minority Architects, Phil Freelon Professional Design Awards, 2021 Design Excellence Citation Award
- Structural Engineers Association of Southern California, 2021 Award of Excellence
- Southern California Development Award, 2021 Merit Award