The Student Services Building symbolizes the aspirations and mission of the university and serves as a memorable place of arrival for prospective students, returning students, alumni and visitors. It houses the office of the president, division of university advancement, and divisions of academic, student and administrative affairs.
The undulating roof design is inspired by the surrounding hills and mountains, branding the building as a campus landmark. The roof also serves a primary and essential role in passive solar design. Perforated overhangs shade the exterior glass, reduce thermal loads and glare, and maximize good quality daylight. Other passive and mechanical sustainable strategies serve to optimize visual and thermal comfort, operational flexibility and aesthetic sensitivity. It is LEED Platinum certified.
“Each of us has a role to play in student success. This building is a monument to that vision. By aggregating resources for prospective students, current students, parents and alumni all in one place, we are helping students succeed in one journey.”Soraya Coley, President, Cal Poly Pomona
Student Services Building
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Architecture MasterPrize, 2019 Winner in Architectural Design
- World Architecture News, 2019 WAN Facade Award
- Architizer, 2020 A+ Awards Shortlist Finalist
- AIA California, 2020 Merit Award
- AIA|LA, 2019 Honor Award
- AIA|LA, 2019 COTE LA Honor Award
- Westside Urban Forum Award, 2019
- Rethinking The Future Architecture, Construction & Design Award, 2022